Re: Win98SE - Internet Log Files

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/31/04

    Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:09:55 -0400

    Bart:

    If you create a c:\windows directory prior to installing Win9x/ME, during the
    installation process it will suggest installing the OS in c:\windows.000. You can override
    it by backspacing over .000 and indicate that is where the OS should be installed. The OP
    failed to do this so he would up with c:\windows.000.

    Dave

    "Bart Bailey" <me2@privacy.net> wrote in message news:41867106.1044607@bart.spawar.mil...
    | In Message-ID:<rDZgd.1801$cA4.1680@trnddc01> posted on Sun, 31 Oct 2004
    | 04:13:11 GMT, Fred wrote: Begin
    |
    | >Please post or send me an email if you have any idea what information the
    | >files in c:/windows.000/internet logs/ contain. I am using Windows 98SE.
    |
    | Go in ZoneAlarm under [Alerts and Logs] - [Main] and you will see where
    | to disable logging. I'm using W98SE also but don't have that windows.000
    | folder, but there is a c:/windows/internet logs/ however, which contains
    | the settings and preferences for ZA, as well as the logs.
    |
    | --
    |
    | Bart

    • preseeding: disable systemd
      ... when installing Jessie, systemd is installed as default init. ... Is it possible to use preseeding to override this, so that systemd will ... I am looking for something similar for init. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Win98SE - Internet Log Files
      ... If you create a c:\windows directory prior to installing Win9x/ME, ... installation process it will suggest installing the OS in c:\windows.000. ... You can override ...
    • Re: preseeding: disable systemd
      ... when installing Jessie, systemd is installed as default init. ... Is it possible to use preseeding to override this, so that systemd will ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: preseeding: disable systemd
      ... when installing Jessie, systemd is installed as default init. ... Is it possible to use preseeding to override this, so that systemd will ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: XP Home Reinstall: Device drivers, disabling antivirus softwar
      ... at which stage in the OS installation process do I load ... More than likely you won't need the drivers until the OS is installed ... > given by Len Fluhrer that *before* installing the OS, ... Is CMOS the same as the system BIOS? ...