Re: disabling zonealarm??

From: Michael (entryname_at_lineone.net)
Date: 10/30/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:08:02 +0100

mhicaoidh wrote:
> Taking a moment's reflection, Michael mused:
> |
> | Hi gang.... silly question on behalf of someone else... how do you
> | disable zonealarm temporarily, to allow VNC?
>
> It would be easier, and more secure, to simply allow VNC to receive
> connections from the internet from within ZoneAlarm's settings.

Er, how do I do that? I've tried referring Friend to the instructions on
the website and she says they don't work, she can't do it, she can't
find the menu options etc. What she needs is some easy foolproof way of
killing the thing temporarily to allow VNC. Just exiting the firewall,
coming right out, has to be easier than fiddling with settings she can't
find or understand??

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The easy way to setup XP remote assistance?
    ... Ian wrote: ... On a LAN, ... it's endurable if you get the settings right, ... We're going to try VNC. ...
  • Re: [SLE] RE: Desktop sharing
    ... is that it requires someone at the remote system ... it is possible to set up both regular vnc and KDE remote desktop ... > sharing to allow completely unattended sharing. ... And those settings would be??? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: disabling zonealarm??
    ... Taking a moment's reflection, Michael mused: ... silly question on behalf of someone else... ... | disable zonealarm temporarily, to allow VNC? ... connections from the internet from within ZoneAlarm's settings. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Additional 10.6 Install - Also Excellent
    ... I am still waiting to find out if the following are updated: ... Chicken of the VNC ... Most features disabled because it knows not to fiddle with future system ... Not that I've needed to use it to change any settings for ages. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: ssh and redirect
    ... The settings were not the same!! ... > I am trying to run vnc over an ssh tunnel connection. ... > need to open up a port setting on ISA but which one and how..? ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)