Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:14:16 GMT

In article <418235EF.CDD@earthlink.net>, mcp6453@earthlink.net says...
> Leythos wrote:
> > >
> > > I see. That makes a lot of sense. Can I use an XP machine to VPN into
> > > the router, or must I have two routers?
> >
> > The DI-804HV and DI-808HV can act as PPTP end-points, the Linksys units
> > do not act as PPTP end-points.
>
> Does that mean that an XP machine can initiate the tunnel, or do I have
> to have TWO routers providing an endpoint at each end?

It means that you can connect to the router using Windows PPTP VPN.

If you were going to connect two VPN routers to each other, you would be
better off using IPSec tunnels configured in each router.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • This is heady - DMVPN / HSRP
    ... My company has two Cisco 2800 routers with IPSec and FW IOS, ... I am wanting to run HSRP on both the inside and outside - no problem. ... specifically with the Tunnel interfacecreated with GRE Multicast. ... of the tunnel interface on the active router. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Cant map drives over multi-homed network (VPN)
    ... Those routers pass all traffic between them through the tunnel if you ... have it setup correctly - you said you can ping a computer from one side ... since you are using a "workgroup" you need to make sure ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: ethernet keepalive
    ... that would give me possibility to SEE on routers if link between ... switch1 and switch2 is broken. ... If that's more common network scenario, ... A tunnel destination will follow the same routing path as your ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: ethernet keepalive
    ... that would give me possibility to SEE on routers if link between ... switch1 and switch2 is broken. ... If that's more common network scenario, ... A tunnel destination will follow the same routing path as your ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Tombstone problem
    ... MTU problems across the routers can prevent replication ... time) appeared in the logs - "The remote server which is the owner of a ... Cisco routers and an IPSec tunnel. ...