Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup

From: mcp6453 (mcp6453_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:53:25 GMT

Leythos wrote:

> In article <6o2dnawdCZdN-BzcRVn-sA@portbridge.com>, mcp6453
> @earthlink.net says...
> > Leythos wrote:
> > >
> > > I didn't confirm the above, I bought a D-Link DI-808HV unit and it
> > > worked fine, heck, it can even act as a PPTP end-point if you want it
> > > too.
> > >

> > When a router is used as a PPTP end-point in a peer-to-peer network, can
> > the remote computer access a host computer within the network? Once the
> > remote computer validates and connects to the router, how does that
> > computer access another computer behind the router, if it can?
>
> You are assigned an IP in the subnet of the LAN side of the router - you
> access anything you want in the LAN side subnet by IP.

I see. That makes a lot of sense. Can I use an XP machine to VPN into
the router, or must I have two routers?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: How find *all* IP addresses on LAN?
    ... a remote computer can access your LAN network by your router's WAN ip adress ... > every router defaults to giving internal LANS? ...
  • Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup
    ... When a router is used as a PPTP end-point in a peer-to-peer network, ... the remote computer access a host computer within the network? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup
    ... > the remote computer access a host computer within the network? ... > computer access another computer behind the router, ... You are assigned an IP in the subnet of the LAN side of the router - you ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: alright whats the trick
    ... you can untick them so that the LAN is always on. ... it can still have a router. ... is to convert PPPOE from the ISP, ... The ADSL modem routing function is disabled, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Network Hardware
    ... LAN With Two Routers" and now wonder whether or not to send this message as ... I was also hoping to use the DLink Router ... have to go through the router to get to the internet on the other subnet. ...