Advice on a good firewall for site to site VPN for 15 users total on a fract T-1

From: Ned Hart (nedhart_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/25/04

Date: 25 Oct 2004 13:27:55 -0700

I've been looking at the Sonicwall TZ 170 25 user, but inbound PAT
requires SonicOS advanced which costs extra (I may have a mail
server), and they count all ip addresses on my network including
printers when determining how many connections we've used, so I need
to purchase a higher user count even if I don't have that many users.
So, in the end, the sonicwall costs me almost $1,000 for each unit to
do site-to-site vpn and to share a mail server.

Are Sonicwall's pricing and features competitive when compared to
watchguard and cisco?

Thanks
NH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot download large files on a W2K3 network.
    ... No ISA, proxy, server and no such accelerators of any kind. ... appliance is the SonicWALL. ... > Is the sonicwall appliance a caching internet appliance or just a firewall? ...
  • Re: Installing new SBS 03 server. Will that be 1 Nic or 2 ?
    ... I use VPN because I need two-factor authentication. ... I guess technically 2 NICs would be more secure, but hopefully the SonicWall ... and when the server was about 6 weeks old a drive failed. ... and points regarding method of connectivity. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Unable to reach POP server
    ... I am not familiar with SonicWall so you will have to check it's ... internal IP of your e-mail server. ... to your company) and redirect any TCP port 25 request to internal SMTP ... > to the firewall device itself, ...
  • Re: Need help creating a VPN through a firewall
    ... Sorry, we have the Sonicwall, and the other device is just the broadband ... All of our data is kept on the server. ... The other "router" is simply our ISP's broadband modem. ... Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Wide area failures?
    ... The W2003 server hosting the DNS server is not the system ... Sonicwall a FQDN, but I prefer they be invisible to outside queries. ... The Wireless network is mapped internally to another private netowork, ... the computers visible. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)