Re: Installed Zone Alarm: ICS not working - PT. 3

From: Dick Mahar (rmahar01_at_comcast.net)
Date: 10/25/04

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:09:37 -0400

"Gregg Cattanach" <gcattanach-SKIP-@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:05red.14445$aO3.195@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...

> "Gregg Cattanach" <gcattanach-SKIP-@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > "Gregg Cattanach" <gcattanach-SKIP-@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> >>I disabled the WindowsXP Firewall and have installed ZoneAlarm on both my
> >>desktop and laptop machines. I can ping and share files between the two
> >>machines, but Internet connection sharing isn't working. The desktop
> >>connects to the Internet via dial-up, and when connected I even see the
> >>icon on the laptop in the tray for the Internet Gateway dialup connection,
> >>but I can't access any website from the laptop. When I try to it prompts
> >>for a phone number to dial-out with the modem. I've tried rerunning the
> >>Network Setup Wizard on both machines to no avail.
> >>
> >> I'm guessing there is something else I need to set in ZoneAlarm, but I
> >> don't know what.
> >>
> >> This is just a simple wired network through a router.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions are appreciated.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Gregg C.
> >
> > MORE: I tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm on the laptop and it still won't
> > access the Internet. I still see the 'Internet Gateway' icon and that
> > shared connection is listed in Network Connections and shows as connected.
> >
> > I've rerun the Network Connection Wizard, but still no dice. Something in
> > Windows changed. I guess, when I installed ZoneAlarm but I don't know
> > what.
> >
> > Again, any help is appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Gregg C.
> >
> Last note: I first installed ZA on the laptop and it connected to the
> Internet fine. When I then added ZA to the desktop THAT's when the trouble
> started. So I'm thinking that ZA on the desktop needs to be configured
> somehow to accept the Internet requests from the laptop through the shared
> Internet connection.
>
> --
> Gregg C.

  Right click on the Zone Alarm icon in the task bar, make sure that the internet
lock is not checked. Dick. M

---

  • T1 ...,
    ... t1 internet connection ... price of t1 ...
    (rec.org.sca)
  • Re: What does the "Configure email and Internet Connection Wizard"
    ... > the CEICW does (listed under "Configure Email and Internet Connection ... > Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard is designed to correctly ... > configure settings for your network, firewall, secure Web site, and e-mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: What does the "Configure email and Internet Connection Wizard"
    ... Understanding the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection WizardThe ... Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard is designed to correctly ... configure settings for your network, firewall, secure Web site, and e-mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Internet Gateway
    ... connection', and this was the only connection that was ever enabled. ... However, today there has appeared another connection, under Internet ... The Internet Gateway is a normal part of Windows XP. ... The wireless network connection option in my network connections list is ...
  • Re: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
    ... Subject: AW: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ... If you update a WinXP SP-1 with enabled Internet ... Connection Firewall ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)