Re: VisNetic Firewall 2.2

From: Kerodo (nomail_at_localhost.com)
Date: 10/22/04

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:33:14 -0700

In article <1hgy7au4tlcjq.18yp668e8ej9i.dlg@40tude.net>,
lvuletic@seezaaampro.yu says...
> Have anyone here used this firewall? I want something more sophisticated
> then simple aplication based firewall.
>
> Is it worth a try? Thanks in advance.

I've tried it here and liked it very much. It's a nice straightforward
stateful inspection rules based firewall. Pretty well done too.

The only thing that bothered me was the lack of application control.
For example, if you allow TCP outbound to remote port 80 for your
browsers, then you're also allowing ANY other app outbound connections
on 80 with no notification. So unless you're fairly certain you won't
be running any rogue apps on your machine ever, you might want to think
twice about it. The firewall won't be telling you what's connecting out
on port 80.

Otherwise, it's a great firewall... worth a try definitely...

--
Kerodo