Re: Norton Firewall

From: Leen (ms_windows_2000_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/21/04

    Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:40:37 +0200

    "Steve" <ymes-r-srha@netcast.com> wrote in message
    news:3GGdd.287685$D%.171226@attbi_s51...
    > To All:
    >
    > For the record, I have been using ZoneAlarm Free firewall for over 3
    > years. I also use a hardware firewall. A friend just got a new laptop
    > with the Norton Internet Security 2004 installed in it with a 90 day trial
    > and asked me some questions about the included firewall

    >Any comments on the Norton 2004 Firewall?

    Yep. dump it. Get Zone alarm with Anti Virus included.
    NIS/NAV etc are worn out and need a BIG redo.
    Symantec = crash/updates failing/uninstall mess etc.
    Go for Zone Labs products!

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve

    • Re: BlackICE Defender vs. hardware firewall
      ... Your friend is mostly correct in stating that the hardware firewall hides ... BlackIce defender is a good product, but you've also got to configure it ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Norton Firewall
      ... I have been using ZoneAlarm Free firewall for over 3 years. ... I also use a hardware firewall. ... A friend just got a new laptop with the ... Norton Internet Security 2004 installed in it with a 90 day trial and asked ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall
      ... Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall ... I think a hardware firewall might be something different. ... faster than the method the PIX and other boxes use. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Re(2): Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall
      ... Subject: Re: Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall ... packets at a much lower level in the IP stack than your Linux example. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall
      ... Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall ... The Cisco Secure PIX is a high perfoming firewall, ...
      (Security-Basics)