Re: Reccommendation for a good home use software firewall

From: Leen (ms_windows_2000_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/21/04

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:36:44 +0200

1) get here a router
2) Windows XP?==> get SP2 and activate the firewall or if not Win XP, use
($$free) zone alarm ( www.zonelabs.com) (in both cases ==> stay with here
the first few hours and let here do with the machine what she normally does
;-) )

"D" <1009220981EC@langley.AFB.US.MIL> wrote in message
> Mom connects to the net with a Cable Modem connection, I am looking for
> reccommendations for a good software firewall.
>
> T.I.A.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Startup Taking a Long Time
    ... It may help speed up your system, but it should be clean ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... As for Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP, ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Slow startup and shutdown
    ... > applications that have always been present, ... The problem began before loading SP2 and hasn't changed. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: question about clean install after SP2
    ... > After SP2 install my IE was seriously defective. ... You should periodically defragment your hard drives as well as check them ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Browser Adverts????????
    ... With everything in this list and SP2.. ... It contains advice ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Service Pack 2 destroyed my C: drive
    ... > I installed SP2 using the CDROM on an XP Pro system. ... It contains advice ... Windows XP, I suggest you clean up your system first. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...