Re: which firewall is the best for my network-home

From: Steven Ung (steven_at_nodomainname.com)
Date: 10/19/04

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:51:16 +0800

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.org> wrote in message
news:MPG.1bd991c0ee97644e989868@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <ca39cd89.0410142011.51b0aaf2@posting.google.com>,
> ggillardnew@yahoo.com says...
>> can anyone please help me with the purchase of the best firewall for
>> home based business-small. and the best wireless connection and/or
>> system? i am in a rual area and only get about 5mbp/sec!!!! linksys
>> 802.11b please help!! e-mail ggillardnew@yahoo.com
>
> We need more information:
>
> 1) Do you have any servers that people access from the internet?
>
> 2) Do you host your own email server in your network?
>
> 3) Do you need people to connect to your network via VPN?
>
> If you don't have any inbound connections, then you could go as cheap as
> a simple NAT device and an Access Point, or you could purchase a real
> SOHO firewall appliance (about $500) and an Access Point.
>
> I suggest the separate Access Point so that you can change it out as
> technology changes, or in case of a failure.

I'm totally stumped. Are you saying that in rural area some places have 5MB
PER SERCOND connection?! (hence my question earlier)

--
Steven Ung

Relevant Pages

  • Re: which firewall is the best for my network-home
    ... Do you need people to connect to your network via VPN? ... a simple NAT device and an Access Point, or you could purchase a real ... SOHO firewall appliance and an Access Point. ... technology changes, or in case of a failure. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: we eat them, then we dramatically dispose Abu and Karims worried fight
    ... the darlings often supply sort of the abstract ... oppositions. ... If you'll purchase Beryl's network with prices, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Help with IP Address
    ... Any static IP address you purchase is public. ... addresses specifically set aside for "private" network addressing. ... I have not had to configure my router to ... something called DHCP running on the router. ...
  • My First Build in a While...
    ... Here's what I'm about to purchase. ... of the technology changes when I get back to it. ... MWAVE 2GB DDR400 ... POWERED BY ATI) ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Licence
    ... My hunch is that you would be best served if you contact Microsoft or the company from whom you purchase your software for these networked PC's and ask them, along with carefully reading the information on Microsoft's web site. ... The normal license agreement is per installed copy but maybe there are other licenses available. ... to use project but have installed on all network PC's? ...
    (microsoft.public.project)