Re: Sygate and GRC website

From: J Jay (jjay_at_no.net)
Date: 10/17/04

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:02:53 GMT

Anna wrote:
> I ran a port scan on my workstation from the GRC site (
> https://www.grc.com ) and the results came back as a fail. Port 80 was open
> and many of the other ports showed as just closed rather then stealth.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can get all the ports as steath?
>
> I am using Sygate firewall and one of the features I read about it was that
> it recognizes port scans and blocks traffic for a specific amount of time.
> That being said, doesn't this imply that Sygate failed to protect my
> workstation. I've seen on my friends workstation where Sygate will give a
> popup saying that port scan detected and blocking traffic.
>
> I have checked the options in Sygate and ensured that port scan detection is
> enabled.
>
> thx
>
> Anna

If you failed to see the popup notification message, possibly it
is functional but hidden. At tools--options--general, see that
hide notification mess is not checked.
J Jay

Relevant Pages

  • Redirecting data sent to a local printer to another host and port on the network
    ... there are two other Windows 98 workstations (each with its own ... The goal is to allow users at the remote site (who also access the ... port 515 to the IP address of the actual remote ... workstation at the branch site where the print job originated. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • RE: RWW Connectivity
    ... your workstation cannot RDP to SBS1 or SBS 2. ... it will require 4125 port opened. ... Address Table of the ISA on SBS1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Bypass SBS server and Connect directly to workstation ??
    ... much of a pain after that - leaving both remote and local workstations on ... Not having to remember what port all those machines are listening on (and ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... >to access a XP pro workstation on the domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: XP Pro as Web Server w/Firewall?
    ... I'll set up IIS and the ... Running a IIS service on XP Pro and allowing public access is asking for ... follow the directions to open port XX where XX is the port you are ... Workstation you should at least not run it on the standard web ports ...
  • Re: Bypass SBS server and Connect directly to workstation ??
    ... >> Desktops to access a XP pro workstation on the domain. ... >> changing the listening port affect Connecting via Remote Web Work ... > But if you've got the SBS Premium Edition with ISA you can publish the ... > able to connect through RWW with external 4125 internal 3389. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)