Network security

From: Rock (1940_at_pobox.com)
Date: 10/17/04

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:38:54 +1000

Hello,

I have a mshome network thru a hub with on attached via a wireless
gateway which also is a gateway to the Internet.

I have tested security from the internet and the firewall is fine and my
network can't be seen however..

I had a friend over with his wireless laptop and he was able to get to
my network via Network Places etc. I had to tell him the network name,
still it registered as insecure.

In Network properties I set the Wireless connection using the WEP with
windows giving the security number automatically and it says it is
secure, but obviously isn't.

How do I secure my wireless network with XP?

Thanks

Rock