Re: broadcast to internet?

From: Lee (icmp30_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/17/04

    Date: 17 Oct 2004 01:12:26 -0700

    NeoSadist <neosad1st@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10ml3b04a42ridd@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Madhur Ahuja wrote:
    >
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > Whenever a transmission occurs to IP addresss 255.255.255.255:137
    > > with the source IP of the interface connected to the Internet, Is
    > > the broadcast received by all the machines on the Internet. If not,
    > > why?
    >
    > Probably not. Depends.

    Definitely not. Anything addressed to 255.255.255.255 is a local broadcast.
    See RFC 1812 section 4.2.2.11

    • Re: Chaos Computer Club analysiert Staatstrojaner
      ... Ein Blick in den RFC erleichtert die Wahrheitsfindung, ... | The Internet has grown beyond anyone's expectations. ... und zwar VOR dem von Dir zitierten Text: ...
      (de.comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Non-Delivery,MSOE to Lycos: Persistent Transient Failure
      ... One of a series, begun in 1969, of numbered Internet informational ... RFC has been RFC 822, the Internet electronic mail format standard. ... But I wouldn't think that your correspondent's system clock should affect ... your MTA will not record the time of successful delivery to the Lycos ...
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: dont set Reply-to!! (was NO PERSONAL REPLIES...)
      ... To quote Jon Postel in RFC 761, the TCP definition from Januay 1980, ... JE> You know where this RFC attitude brought us - Web browsers accepting ... It made the Internet usable for millions of users. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: "Offenes" SMTP-Relay mal anders
      ... Mit RFC 1036, ... according to the Internet standard RFC-822. ... Gegeben sei ein anzunehmendes Tool, ... Nachricht" oder "kaputte Nachricht" ausspuckt. ...
      (de.comp.security.misc)
    • Re: javamail: confused by complexity of attachments
      ... RFC 2045? ... Internet Message Bodies ... Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions, Part Two: ... RFC 2076 -- Common Internet Message Headers ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)