Re: Sygate Pro and Windows XP

From: Casey (Casey_at_nosuch.net)
Date: 10/16/04

Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:39:29 GMT

In article <RAacd.148912$Np3.6424311@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, vorticity77@hotmail.com says...
> Can anyone advise the following.....I have Win XP & Sygate Firewall Pro on
> same system:
>
> Question 1:
>
> Should I disable the WIN XP firewall? If so how?
>
> Question 2:
>
> When I create more than one profile, the Sygate icon in taskbar only appears
> on the profile initially loaded. Otherwise stated if I'm logged on to
> profile #1 and switch users, the icon is not in the taskbar for user #2. But
> if I switch back to #1 it reappears. Question is if user #2 is protected or
> not even if the icon is not present or do I have to install Sygate in user
> #2's profile as well?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Suggestion for question 2.
Run your computer in profile #1 and connect to several web pages.
Then run in profile #2 and connect to several different web pages.
Take a look at traffic log and see if both sets of pages are
listed. If both are listed then Sygate is functional on both
profiles.
Casey

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Comodo vs PcTools Firewalls
    ... After using Sygate for several years, I decided I had to update to a firewall that is being supported and maintained - not the case for Sygate after Symantec bought them. ... Even though it was clearly "allowed" by Comodo, it froze again and again in various states. ... Suddenly, after Comodo, one of my profiles kept freezing and it became clear that the profile itself had been corrupted. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Sygate Pro and Windows XP
    ... Can anyone advise the following.....I have Win XP & Sygate Firewall Pro on ... When I create more than one profile, the Sygate icon in taskbar only appears ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Sygate Pro and Windows XP
    ... >> Should I disable the WIN XP firewall? ... >> When I create more than one profile, the Sygate icon in taskbar only ... >> appears on the profile initially loaded. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Installing a 360 Media Center Extender
    ... The Windows firewall has the notion of a Public profile and a Private ... for use when you're connecting to hot spot wireless networks and the like). ... try directly connecting your PC and Xbox again, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: GPO controlled firewall incorrectly ON due to Standard instead of Domain Profile
    ... laptop and resume it, or turn off/turn on the laptop when you connect to ... applied and the firewall will be turned on. ... Group Policy is segmented into two applications, the domain profile and the ... Windows XP Pro / Firewall client is using a non configured Windows Firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)