Re: Any body else seeing this - WMP10 will not unload until ZA is shutdown

From: Ray (rwisanf_at_myrealbox.invalid)
Date: 10/16/04

Date: 16 Oct 2004 06:49:47 GMT

"ted" <someone@somedomain.com.invalid> wrote in
news:nZ%bd.73910$tU4.3534@okepread06:

> ZA 5.5.035.000
> Windows XP sp2
> Windows Media Player 10 v10.00.00.3646
>
> The WMP task disappears from the task bar, but the process is
> still running under task manager. And a new WMP process is created
> everytime WMP is run.
>
> WMP will only terminate when I shutdown ZA. Manually using task
> manager's End Process on WMP will not terminate it, neither will
> other 3rd party process terminators.
>
> Ideas?
>

> Yea.... Dump Zonealarm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Any body else seeing this - WMP10 will not unload until ZA is shutdown
    ... > Windows XP sp2 ... > under task manager. ... And a new WMP process is created everytime WMP is run. ... > WMP will only terminate when I shutdown ZA. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Any body else seeing this - WMP10 will not unload until ZA is shutdown
    ... Windows Media Player 10 v10.00.00.3646 ... under task manager. ... And a new WMP process is created everytime WMP is run. ... WMP will only terminate when I shutdown ZA. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Windows Media Player 11 wont open
    ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... If you open Task Manager, is "wmplayer.exe" listed in the Processes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WMP11 not responding
    ... upon normal closing WMP, tank manager reports CPU 100% for WMP and it ... closes only when I use task manager to "end" the job. ... YouTube uses Flash video, so I can't see the link here. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: .asx .asl files dont play in my WMPlayer
    ... .asx .asl files don't play in my WMPlayer preinstalled in Windows Vista. ... I try WMP just blocks and i must fo to task manager to end task. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)