Re: Linksys BEFSX41 Firewall Question...

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 10/14/04

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:52:44 GMT

JSTRYKER483@YAHOO.COM (Jonathan Stryker) wrote in
news:17a5723c.0410130555.2cf81f4@posting.google.com:

> Hello, All-
>
> I have three computers connected to the Linksys BEFSX41 Firewall. I
> am running Windows 2000 and WIndows XP. Every so often, the firewall
> seems to break contact with the Internet, so all of my computers say
> "Local Area Connection lost". After a few seconds, the connection is
> re-established. At first I thought that the firewall was defective,
> but is this done deliberately for some reason?
>
> Thank you,
> JS

I had a similar problem. It came down to the modem was going out with an
intermittent problem and losing connection with the ISP. I have had the
modem since 2001. So, it was nothing about what the modem was doing that
really lead to the modem as the problem as it would happen like once or
twice a month. The Linksys router would drop the connection every now
and then. When I replaced the Linksys with the WatchGuard, I would have
to reboot the WG and the WG rebooted the modem. The ISP came out checked
the line -- line OK and pointed to the modem. They gave me a new modem on
them (no charge). I have not had to boot the WG nor have I had anymore
problems with the connection.

Maybe, it's the modem.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Lost Internet Connectivity
    ... The modem is obviously working correctly - or I wouldn't be able to connect ... ethernet connection, along with the ipconfig, ping, etc returning null ... Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, VS, two-PC network, Motorola modem, ... connection, etc. Swapped cables, end-to-end, replace cable. ...
  • RE: Lost Internet Connectivity
    ... I think you have bad Hardware, either the Modem which is my guess given up ... Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, VS, two-PC network, Motorola modem, ... PCI 10/100 Ethernet Connection. ... connection, etc. Swapped cables, end-to-end, replace cable. ...
  • Re: Lost Internet Connectivity
    ... Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, VS, two-PC network, Motorola modem, ... PCI 10/100 Ethernet Connection. ... connection, etc. Swapped cables, end-to-end, replace cable. ...
  • Re: Yet another lsass.exe problem
    ... After setting up your connection, did you make sure the Windows Firewall (or ... What happens if you remove the modem or disable the connection? ... I think you've been a victim of some kind of remote compromise. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: [SLE] Bellsouth DSL question
    ... And then use a router, ... >> (Linksys, Belkin, etc.) to do the connection. ... automatically" for the cable modem AND "PPPoE" for the DSL. ...
    (SuSE)