Re: Linksys firewall question

From: Tom McCune (news_at_DELETE_THISmccune.cc)
Date: 10/13/04

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:38:23 GMT

"Kaptain Krunch" <captainkrunch@comcast.net> wrote in
news:MumdnYr__OC4F_HcRVn-pA@comcast.com:

> MY 2cents worth, I own the BRFSR41 you mention and indeen has no
> firewall, however Linksys BESFX41 does SPI which IS a feature of a
> firewall AND might not be a full fleged firewall it does its job.

The BEFSX41 also has Denial of Service protection.

--
Tom McCune

  • Re: [F1 Security] Need help to accomplish the following
    ... behavior of the PF firewall. ... Generate a random ID for the IP packets as opposed to incrementing ... running kernel once booted. ... I'd debate with you the viability and usefulness of this feature. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • SBS 2003 security policy...
    ... I just discovered an amazing new feature of SBS 2003 security policy: ... computers without at least a simple firewall like the one from Microsoft ... they simply disable ICF altogether *while* its connected to the domain. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Linksys Firewall - BEFSR41 & pcflank.coms results
    ... >>my system is wide open but was looking for further enhancements. ... >>firewall) I receive stealth results at pcflank due to a s/w firewall ... >>stealth until a recent firmware rev and that's where my concern was. ... >feature for a future release). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Alarming vulnerability with XPSP2 Firewall
    ... Writing code to use this feature is probably more difficult than ... >I came across an alarming feature in the Windows XP SP2 Firewall: ... > has been placed on the newer and more "secure" service pack. ...
  • Re: Alarming vulnerability with XPSP2 Firewall
    ... this feature underminds the entire concept of a 'firewall'. ... > Roger Abell ... >> from the Service Pack. ...