DLink DI-604

Date: 10/13/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:57:17 -0400

Is there a way to block outgoing traffic? For example, with windows xp sp2
firewall, whenever a program such as Pocket PC Activsync or TIVO server
attempt to send outgoing traffic, a dialog pops up and asks whether or not
to allow it. I'm also thinking about software (such as AutoCAD) which
attempts to automatically connect to the internet. I understand that I can
turn the feature off in the software itself, but I don't want of that type
of outgoing traffic to be allowed.

I'm having problems running XP's firewall with my DLink router and want to
turn Windows Firewall off and rely on my "hardware" firewall.

However, it appears that there is a default rule that is set up to allow all
LAN sourced traffic pass. I created a rule that was essentially the
opposite (deny rather than allow) but then I can't do anything (browse the
internet, VPN into work, etc).

My firewall rules are set as shown below

      Firewall Rules List

        Action Name Source Destination Protocol
     Allow (stealth113) WAN,* LAN, TCP,113
     Allow WinMXTCP WAN,* LAN,local computer TCP,8888
     Allow WinMXUDP WAN,* LAN,local computer UDP,9999
     Deny Default *,* LAN,* *,*
     Allow Default LAN,* *,* *,*

Any ideas?