Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?

From: Steven Ung (steven_at_nodomainname.com)
Date: 10/12/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:42:46 +0800

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.org> wrote in message
news:MPG.1bd4f529ad53ff4398983e@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <2t0nicF1oq787U1@uni-berlin.de>, steven@nodomainname.com
> says...
>> We're still attending training on how to manage the PIX but my boss is
>> asking me to block MSN from our network.
>>
>> Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX?
>>
>> The ADSL connects to a Cisco 17xx Router before going to the Cisco PIX
>> 51x.
>>
>> I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands
>> or
>> ports that need to be block.
>>
>> Appreciate the help. Thanks
>
> MSN or Instant Messenger?
> MSN can be blocked by IP address.

Instant Messenger ie the chat program. Thanks for your help

--
Steven Ung

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... > Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ... > I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands ... AFAIK you can block all outgoing connections to TCP port 1863 (IP range ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... >Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ... >I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands or ... It's easier to prevent the use of MSN Messenger (or Windows Messenger as ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... >>Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ... The ADSL connects to a Cisco 17xx Router before going to the Cisco PIX 51x. ... I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands or ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... > asking me to block MSN from our network. ... > Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ... > I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands or ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)