Re: Help with SHOREWALL

From: Jules (jules_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 10/12/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 04:48:22 GMT

Bit Twister wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:52:34 GMT, Jules wrote:
>
>>My new installation of shorewall on a test machine is blocking
>>everything (as far as I can tell). To test it, I made the following
>>changes;
>>
>>- remarked out all rules in RULES file
>>- put only one entry in the POLICY file - "all all ACCEPT info"
>>- remarked out all actions in /usr/share/shorewall/actions.std
>>
>>I assume the above changes would make the system wide open, but it still
>>doesn't work - I can't ping anything. My log (/var/log/messages) says;
>>
>>...Shorewall:all2all:REJECT:IN= OUT=eth1 SRC=10.0.0.1 DST=10.0.0.99...
>>
>>where 10.0.0.1 is the firewall machine and 10.0.0.99 is another host.
>>Eth1 is working (can ping other hosts ok when shorewall is stopped).
>

> Why are you using 10.0.0.* It would be better to use 192.168.x.x
>
> Guessing the rfc1918 list gotcha

Wouldn't I have to enable 'norfc1918' on any interfaces? I haven't.
Besides, wouldn't 10. private networks be common?

Relevant Pages

  • Help with SHOREWALL
    ... My new installation of shorewall on a test machine is blocking ... where 10.0.0.1 is the firewall machine and 10.0.0.99 is another host. ... Eth1 is working (can ping other hosts ok when shorewall is stopped). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Help with SHOREWALL
    ... > My new installation of shorewall on a test machine is blocking ... > - remarked out all rules in RULES file ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: CurLine and CurX
    ... reproduce it on a test machine without success. ... The test machine is running XP SP2, and I have systematically applied Office ... I first SetFocus to the object and then set the CurLine and CurX values to ... This particular installation has Adobe 9 Pro Extended installed. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: XP SP3 does not install
    ... but I always get an incomplete installation notice before rebooting. ... great for this) when trying to install the pre-release software (Windows XP ... Another option would be a cleanup of said test machine. ... However - being a pre-release product - there really is not a direct support ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Shorewall 4.5.2.2 startup question
    ... Hugo, despite being complex in appearance shorewall is 'easy' to set up for a strong ... firewall with example files provided with the installation. ...
    (Debian-User)