Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 10/12/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:51:34 GMT

In article <2t0nicF1oq787U1@uni-berlin.de>, steven@nodomainname.com
says...
> We're still attending training on how to manage the PIX but my boss is
> asking me to block MSN from our network.
>
> Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX?
>
> The ADSL connects to a Cisco 17xx Router before going to the Cisco PIX 51x.
>
> I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands or
> ports that need to be block.
>
> Appreciate the help. Thanks

MSN or Instant Messenger?

MSN can be blocked by IP address.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... > Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ... > I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands ... AFAIK you can block all outgoing connections to TCP port 1863 (IP range ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... >> Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ... >> I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands ... Instant Messenger ie the chat program. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... >Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ... >I can telnet and issue commands to the pix, just not sure of the commands or ... It's easier to prevent the use of MSN Messenger (or Windows Messenger as ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)