Re: A question : Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1

From: NeoSadist (neosad1st_at_charter.net)
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:18:22 +0000

Gus wrote:

> I am currently trying out Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1. There is
> one problem which is a worry. Although the DNS Cache Event Log (and
> the others) indicates that there has been activity, eg Cache Hits 4,
> their is nothing in the Detailed Log. There is nothing in any of the
> logs. I was looking forward to examining the contents.
> Your comments/advice would be helpful.
>
> An After Thought
> TCP (microsoft_ds) and an IP address, 213.78.249.132, keeps appearing
> in the warning pop-up. Anyone else get the same?
>
> Gus

Reverse DNS Lookup:
IP Address 213.78.249.132 resolves to:
 (unable to resolve 213.78.249.132)

I highly recommend that you block this IP, as it does not have a DNS entry.
However, figure out what program(s) are talking to that IP: it could be
something you have like msn messenger, or something you can't figure out
(which might make one suspicious).

--
"I don't think so," said Ren'e Descartes.  Just then, he vanished.