Re: A question : Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1

From: NeoSadist (neosad1st_at_charter.net)
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:18:22 +0000

Gus wrote:

> I am currently trying out Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1. There is
> one problem which is a worry. Although the DNS Cache Event Log (and
> the others) indicates that there has been activity, eg Cache Hits 4,
> their is nothing in the Detailed Log. There is nothing in any of the
> logs. I was looking forward to examining the contents.
> Your comments/advice would be helpful.
>
> An After Thought
> TCP (microsoft_ds) and an IP address, 213.78.249.132, keeps appearing
> in the warning pop-up. Anyone else get the same?
>
> Gus

Reverse DNS Lookup:
IP Address 213.78.249.132 resolves to:
 (unable to resolve 213.78.249.132)

I highly recommend that you block this IP, as it does not have a DNS entry.
However, figure out what program(s) are talking to that IP: it could be
something you have like msn messenger, or something you can't figure out
(which might make one suspicious).

--
"I don't think so," said Ren'e Descartes.  Just then, he vanished.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How is DNS resolution working?
    ... > network is really our private corporate network (which in turn is ... > DNS: 192.168.1.10 ... > resolution is being properly handled by the DNS server on Machine B ... > resolves) on the external network ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: How is DNS resolution working?
    ... > network is really our private corporate network (which in turn is ... > DNS: 192.168.1.10 ... > resolution is being properly handled by the DNS server on Machine B ... > resolves) on the external network ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested log
    ... resolves to the same IP address? ... In an AD domain with all default DNS records in existence, ... LDAP may be used to locate SPN info ... You should run both netdiag and dcdiag, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • UPDATE. Re: Urgent Paypal question!
    ... account so I couldn't believe it's fake! ... I'd suspect that your DNS has been hijacked so that paypal.com resolves ... knows about those tools and hijacks those DNS entries as well. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon t
    ... requested logon type at this computer. ... resolves to the same IP address? ... In an AD domain with all default DNS records in existence, ... requirements needed for NTLM to be successful. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)