Sygate personal firewall requires Internet Explorer?

From: Mike Firelli (mike385_at_notSPAM.yahoo.not)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:42:08 GMT

I've heard many good things about the Sygate firewall, but when I was
looking at it on the Sygate site under requirements was listed Internet
Explorer. I don't use IE and would like to avoid doing so if possible.

Does anyone know if IE actually has to be implemented or just present on
the system? Is there a workaround that would let me avoid using IE in SPF?

TIA!

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sygate personal firewall requires Internet Explorer?
    ... >looking at it on the Sygate site under requirements was listed Internet ... >Explorer. ... Is there a workaround that would let me avoid using IE in SPF? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Windows Explorer
    ... If I select a file and try to delete it - Explorer closes down. ... Anti-virus or Sygate Firewall. ... If I run the latest Norton Anti-virus software, ... If this is a virus, anyone know which one, and a solution? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • why:kernel32.dll try 2 access www through sygate
    ... I am running w98 II and sygate firewall on explorer 5.5 with nav2000. ... is trying to broadcast to an ip-address after connecting. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)