Re: Does anyone know anything about Kapersky Anti-Hacker?

From: Mark Timerding (mtimerdingNOSPAM_at_fuse.net)
Date: 09/27/04

Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:26:27 GMT

On 26-Sep-2004, optikl <optikl@invalid.net> wrote:

> Mark, my experience with utility suites

   Thanks for the input .... I read in its documentation that its
   (predefined)
'Packet Filtering Rules' supercede all the 'Application Rules' ..... which
would
explain why something *I* added to the Application Rules as DISALLOWED
may still be allowed. But, seeing as maybe I am too dumb to understand
the Packet Filtering Rules (i.e. Allow UDP Packet if remote port is DNS53")
I have no idea if thats the problem.

But, the fact that the 'Current Active Connections' and 'Current Open Ports'
is
always listed as NONE tells me something is wrong. (Even tho I may have 10
things open and connected)

So, I guess I will just wait for IOLO to ADMIT that maybe it is broken, and
see
what they offer. (Shouldnt hold my breath waiting for a refund I guess)

Pity if it is ... Last years System Mechanic used Panda Platinum 7 (firewall
and
virus checker) which worked very well.