Re: Checkpoint VPN & Norton Internet Security

From: Ohadi Langis (
Date: 09/22/04

Date: 21 Sep 2004 20:41:23 -0700

Finally got an answer from Checkpoint. The answer to the conflict is
not in Norton Firewall. It turns out Checkpoint does not like the
firewall in the Beklin router I have on my home wireless network.
Checkpoint says configure its software as follows to solve the

* Configure
**Connection Profile
-- uncheck the last option "toute all traffic through gateway
-- save and "ok" the profile.
Reboot and login

Worked for me. (Ohadi Langis) wrote in message news:<>...
> After installing Norton Internet Security 2004 on a PC connected to
> the Internet via a cable modem at 1.5 Mbs, Checkpoint VPN was
> installed. While Norton's firewall automatically wrote rules to allow
> it work seamlessly with my PC and the remote host, it now writes these
> rules every time the PC boots. I'm using a Belkin router.
> Is there anyway to get the Firewall to accept its own rules and shut
> up?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: suggestions on a good firewall
    ... Cisco does not do ... BTW I never said I disliked Checkpoint, ... suggestions on a good firewall ... standards (Open Platform for Security) Is brought to you by Checkpoint ...
  • Re:RE : suggestions on a good firewall
    ... Subject: RE: suggestions on a good firewall ... CheckPoint does! ... with a url-filtering server. ... IT Technical Security Officer ...
  • Re: Firewall choice for web hosting
    ... I think your definition of flaws may be flawed. ... Most of the published Checkpoint "flaws" require a significant degree ... The other major "announcements" of flaws (RDP hack and GUI overflow ... Nokia IP-series firewall can be closed down to just Port 22 listening ...
  • Re:RE : suggestions on a good firewall
    ... I stand corrected, CheckPoint has native support for this, as does the ... Mail (SMTP) Support ... poses a challenge to the security manager who wishes to maintain ... Subject: RE: suggestions on a good firewall ...
  • Re: Basic External Firewall Testing?
    ... putting the checkpoint firewall on the inside. ... vulnerability websites for known vulnerabilities. ... the advantage to putting firewall-1 inside the ISA server would ...