Re: ITShield V2.0 is totally free

From: itshield (support_at_itshield.com)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: 20 Sep 2004 20:59:58 -0700

1. Regular Expression is much much slower than Glob-stype pattern matching
2. Almost everyone knows how to use Glob.

usenet@isbd.co.uk wrote in message news:<2qvp1aF14h18eU7@uni-berlin.de>...
> itshield <support@itshield.com> wrote:
> > 3. Glob-style pattern matching is used in the firewall to replace
> > Regular Expresson.
>
> How is that an improvement?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Reading a variable line by line with while loop
    ... and maybe someone can correct my regular expression so it works to weed ... inside of brackets treats it as a literal character ... Your description of the dot and asterisk regex metacharacters is ... glob characters. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: sysctl with regex?
    ... Regexp style globs for what you're ... a regular expression is a textual representation of a finite ... * in a glob pattern corresponds to ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: a question about case statement
    ... > can I use regular expression? ... Regular shell only does glob. ... where '))' is for regex, and ')' is for the usual glob. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: sysctl with regex?
    ... a regular expression is a textual representation of a finite ... A glob pattern can be trivially translated to a regular expression, ... expressions which can be expressed using only concatenation, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: [PHP] newbie Q: How to say, "if the fileNAME is equal to...", or better yet, "if the fileNAME en
    ... array of filenames that match the path given to it (in this case ... I should have mentioned that glob() accepts shell wildcard expansions, ...
    (php.general)