help: need to have W98 with two IP Address

From: jmm (jmeyer_at_pax.ch)
Date: 09/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:57:40 +0200

I've one PC (windows98SE) with :
- usb port: -> modem -> nternet.
- network card: -> intern lan.

When I configure the IP Adresse, name, etc... of the network card, I
don't see anything with ipconfig (all are 0.0.0.0) because... the modem
on the usb port becomes an IP Address from internet provider.
So, I couldn't running the Internet connection + my intern lan.

That's a big problem and I've these questions:
1 It's possible with (windows98SE) to have one IP Address on usb port
and one other IP Address on the network card, without a second network card?
2 Could running a router software with NAT on windows98SE? if yes,
what're software to do that?
3 Are they other possibilities, other ideas????

Best regards,
jmm