SPF - Part II

From: ------>That Way! (traxless_at_msn.com)
Date: 09/15/04

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:15:22 GMT

Thank you for some of the guidance in the first post. The OS is
Win98se, the browser is IE5.5. Tried to install and re-install.
Sygate tries to load, but fails without an error message. Machine
seems to be free of virus, spyware, adware based on all the usual
utilities.

 Any other "out-of-the-box" suggestions? tia

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Port 80
    ... close port 80 with Sygate PF. ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you ... [[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web ...
  • Re: Port 80
    ... Went to Sygate to purchase and download the Sygate Pro ... >> server to return a bogus Server header in order to not leak ... Select SP1a from Windows Update area and install. ... Then go back to WU and install all critical updates. ...
  • Re: zigbee???
    ... Essentially you plug them in and after a few seconds the printers are being recognized. ... I spend more *maintenance* time on the Windows machines ... Surprisingly the re-install took less than 30 minutes and most of that unattended. ... So, if I install something and "C:" fills up, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: What happened? My "https applets" stopped working
    ... Had to install Office, Photoshop, etc. So over ... They don't work in either browser, ... LIke the test games at the Java site. ... > contains two JAR files. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: IE10 stopped working.
    ... IE10 in all its forms stopped working -- even the one with no ... I also have backups that I can install tomorrow, so no crisis, but was ... Microsoft makes the browser do two things. ... The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature does not ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)