Re: XP SP 2 ready firewalls

From: --Mike (mjsuhm_at_zzexecpc.com)
Date: 09/14/04

    Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:15:07 GMT

    "mhicaoidh" <mv_mhic_aoidh@hotXmailSPM.com> wrote in message
    news:lgp1d.42661$D%.19728@attbi_s51...
    > Taking a moment's reflection, John mused:
    >

    > I really don't think it's a Sygate issue. It's highly unlikely that
    > Sygate has the ability through intent or bug to keep that setting from
    > remaining unchecked.

    This is not what the previous posts in this thread imply. What they
    discuss, and accurately, is that WinXP's Service Pack 2 does not recognize
    Sygate Firewalls (and some others), so the new WinXP SP2 Security Center
    shows no firewall installed (if the Windows firewall is disabled). This
    actually is, according to Sygate's website, a problem that Sygate must
    rectify via a patch or new version.
    The OP of this thread states that he will now disable the Security Center
    until Sygate corrects their software so that the Security Center does
    recognize it.

    --Mike

    • Re: SP2- Security Center
      ... > that I am using Sygate Firewall. ... I have told security ... > unchecking both at the same time. ... I have Sygate on all my Windows boxes and don't ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: What does a firewall do?
      ... Users Guide and Quick Start Guide: ... Are these products (Sygate Personal ... > Firewall Pro & Sygate Personal Firewall) very expensive? ... > Security Policy Customization sounds good, but, in practice, who's going to ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: ZoneAlarm 3.0.081
      ... Here is the URL for the PC Magazine firewall tests that not only rated ... Sygate Personal Firewall PRO 4.2 earns top marks on our security tests. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Know anything about this? - JAcheck.dll
      ... I believe your firewall is misconfigured, your antivirus is not set to ... Since you have Sygate installed, ... intrusion, I might also recommend a file change checker like the free SIM ... You might use Strings-type programs from ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Which free Zone Alarm (4 or 5) uses less power?
      ... I have used the free version of Sygate with no problem on XP computers. ... The free version of Zone Alarm is fine, easier for most users, ... Personally I find the built in ICF firewall in XP to be very good for what ... > I don't expect to need any Zone Alarm feature ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)