Re: XP SP 2 ready firewalls

From: Duane Arnold (NotMe_at_NotMe.com)
Date: 09/13/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:18:50 GMT

Kenneth Weiss <nycgreen60@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:v2i9k09ntlqddih09uim2q47th5frm9b9e@4ax.com:

> Does anyone know which software firewalls are understood by XP SP 2's
> security center?
>
> KW

If you have a PFW solution, you can simply disable that feature in the
Security Center.

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Access 2007 unable to digitally sign accdb files
    ... Access 2007 has removed digital signing feature for accdb and accde files. ... the only way to silence Microsoft's security nagging is asking every user to go through a 5-step procedure to set up a trusted location, and then store the accdb file there. ... Microsoft's security message mess once and for all. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Error
    ... for example I added this feature to our custom web app framework. ... any application will have stronger security settings right out of the box. ... risking the security of your customers websites. ... >>>>thrown and the request is aborted. ...
  • Bypassing SMTP Content Protection with a Flick of a Button
    ... How about using Outlook Express as ... more than an Outlook Express client and employs a rarely-used feature ... This RFC documented feature called "Message Fragmentation and ... comprehensive security policy to restrict potentially harmful content ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [VulnWatch] Bypassing SMTP Content Protection with a Flick of a Button
    ... How about using Outlook Express as ... more than an Outlook Express client and employs a rarely-used feature ... This RFC documented feature called "Message Fragmentation and ... comprehensive security policy to restrict potentially harmful content ...
    (VulnWatch)
  • Linux 2.4 usage statistics
    ... feature freeze anyway), but it helps me know your usage better, to try ... mission-critical (you may loose your job if it fails too often)? ... security-critical? ... drivers not existing anymore in 2.6? ...
    (Linux-Kernel)