Re: Kerio PFW 2.14 - Safe?

From: Kerodo (kerodonospamkenny_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/09/04

Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:35:54 -0700

In article <MPG.1ba9020846f0e67998978f@news.east.earthlink.net>,
Casey@nosuch.net says...
> Looks like Kerio v2.1 does have stateful packet inspection.
> Quoted from the Kerio 2.1 User's Guide:
> "The main principal behing a firewall such as KPF is stateful
> inspection. This ensures that Personal Firewall only allows
> communication initiated from within the local network"
> Casey

You might ask about this in the Kerio 2 forum...http://forums.kerio.com/

I'm sure you'll get an answer and consensus on it..

--
Kerodo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Kerio PFW 2.14 - Safe?
    ... > Looks like Kerio v2.1 does have stateful packet inspection. ... > "The main principal behing a firewall such as KPF is stateful ... This ensures that Personal Firewall only allows ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is Kerio Personal Firewall... Tiny Personal Firewall?
    ... There are many questions about Tiny Personal Firewall and Kerio Personal ... Based on an agreement between Tiny Software and Kerio Technologies, ... The original team that developed Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0 and WinRoute ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is Kerio Personal Firewall... Tiny Personal Firewall?
    ... >People are saying Tiny Personal Firewall is now being developed by Kerio? ... Kerio Technologies Inc. ... :::The original team that developed Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0 and WinRoute ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Kerio 2.1.5 filter rules keep disappearing
    ... I also use same version of kerio. ... pointed me to "personal firewall" kerio & tiny personal firewall ... I finished up with 8 different rule sets - you can load / or save ... here and maybe to a free tech-tips site. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Zone Labs and Sygate
    ... >>offered my system protection for several months. ... I'm not sure if Kerio is the product ... > I'm looking at personal firewall from an enterprise solution. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)