Re: Firewall Fortigate 50A

From: Dave Stone (daveATmsgbiz.com)
Date: 09/09/04

Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:37:27 +0100

I've been running with a Fortigate 50 for about a year now. It's been
running in 'Transparent' mode for that time, although recently have switched
to NAT mode in order to use the VPN features.

The web interface is *ok*, but considering what's packed inside this tiny
box it's more than adequate. It does intrusion detection/prevention, it does
virus checking, all in real-time, in hardware. It gets all the
patterns/signatures and 'engines' updated in real-time (mostly once a day)
if needs be by Fortinet. Support is excellent although my only exposure has
been to the european support (run out of France). It is more a less a
switch-it-on and forget-about-it.

It's excellent.

-- Dave