Re: Kerio PFW 2.14 - Safe?

From: \ (dvader_at_deathstar.mil)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:55:23 -0400

>More bloated than 2.14 (or 2.15, which I tracked down after I posted my
>question). So come one - is 2.15 compromised because it's old software?

No, I don't think so. In fact, the older it is the more time there has been for
vulnerabilities to surface. Newer firewalls just have more stuff, not
necessarily better security. A bigger worry with a firewall that is no longer
supported is that it may not be compatible with some later operating system
update.

crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [fw-wiz] Vulnerability Response (was: BGP TCP RST Attacks)
    ... >evolving solution spaces that solve real problems. ... The big problem with host based anything is that the management effort ... >prioritise information about where they are exposed to known vulnerabilities ... Firewalls are perfectly good tools that are regularly mis-used. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: VOIP Security
    ... where each of has own specific vulnerabilities. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ... login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Kerio PF 4.2
    ... In any case I don't look at it as whether it will become obsolete or not, ... that exploits the inherent vulnerabilities is certain firewall technologies ... And as with all of these personal firewalls, ... versions of some of these personal firewalls are already somewhat dated. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Software firewall for .NET?
    ... The things that make application aware firewalls great for client can make ... This is obviously unacceptable for server ... Most personal firewalls don't protect against the things to which servers ... *unknown* application vulnerabilities, which is a pretty tall order. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Book Review - Hacking Exposed 4th Edition
    ... I wanted to evaluate some firewalls and ... it gave me insights into tools, vulnerabilities, and methods in a detailed ... > Kind Regards, ...
    (alt.computer.security)