Norton ISP stops IIS after xp sp2

From: Knud (knud_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: 09/02/04

Date: 2 Sep 2004 01:29:59 -0700

I have just installed XP SP2 and have found that nearly everything
works as before without too much trouble.

Except now Norton Internet Security Pro stops the "World Wide Web
Publishing" Service from starting correctly. When windows loads the
Service gets stuck. It says that the service is "starting" but that's
it. No web pages can be viewed from Localhost etc. and the IIS control
panel doesn't open.
This happens if Norton ISP is set to start "At system startup"
everything runs fine if I set it to "Manual" and then start it after
windows has loaded.

Everything loaded on startup before XP SP2 dose anyone know what to do
to fix this problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows XP
    ... May I also interject here that before you wipe and start again, ... make sure you have SP2 on CD if it is not part of you Windows XP disk ... update and definition file for Norton Internet Security. ...
  • Re: Outlook Express hangs on connecting
    ... If you do have Norton Internet Security on your computer you will need to reset your firewall rules. ... Automatic Compacting is taking place (WinXP SP2 only). ... use System Restore back one or two days. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: XP SP2 and Norton Internet Security 2005
    ... problem-free with both SP2 and Norton Internet Security 2005? ... > Uninstall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Networking issues.
    ... >was working fine until my friend installed SP2 and Norton Internet Security ... Now the problems are that he cannot access network ... With XP Pro, ...
  • XP performance issues
    ... I am using XP Home and current with all updates (getting ... I also use Norton Internet Security ... Is there a cause/effect relationship between these two ... I've heard that SP2 will ...