Re: Norton Internet Security 2004 - can I install it on my multiple computers?

From: Frank McGlynn (mcglynn1_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 09/02/04

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:40:58 -0400

No. You need a copy for each computer. This is the first time Symantic has
done this and we will see if the backl;ash forces them to change - Microsoft
their not!
Regars,
Frank McGlynn
"Developer" <nnch97@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have multiple computers at my home on which I installed NIS 2003.
> Now it's subscription is about to expire and I am looking into NIS
> 2004. I need to find out if the product activation feature will allow
> me to install it on all my machines using same copy or will I need to
> purchase separate copies for all my pcs.
>
> I tried calling symantec but their customer support numbers just kept
> me on hold forever and the email support is not very prompt too.
> Their website says that we can install on our multiple machines but it
> is not clear either..I see many people researching online for the
> activation process bypass techniques. All this seems contradictory,
> what's the truth.. has anyone tried it actually...
>
> Thanks a lot
> nnch97

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RedHat violates the GPL and do not understand the principles of open software (was: Re: RH Pr
    ... > installing GPLed software on multiple machines by the same ... > load if I install on three machines than I would if I ... which of course is allowed by the GPL (in fact, it would be a violation ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: linux for loaner computers to the masses?
    ... >> binary RPMs (plus the installer and related initial system ... on multiple machines. ... can be prohibited from redistributing GPLed software to ... hand and inserting in a second machine to install)? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: More flexible licence
    ... You've always been allowed to install on multiple machines. ... writing Delphi code. ... forced to take advantage of the revised terms. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • RE: Question for this Group ... dont flame me :)
    ... script to install them all onto multiple machines. ... And if the SysAdmin still doesn't want to, go a bit higher, stating the fact ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: this ##$%! BDS registration wizard!
    ... buy it just because vendor charge money for it and this is the way it ... and simply download cracked software. ... or work to install on their own machine. ... companies buying single copies and installing on multiple machines. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)