Re: Limewire, KazaaLite Question Re; Sygate Pro

From: Casey (Casey_at_nosuch.net)
Date: 08/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:08:53 GMT

In article <23a0j0lipq3sqsihtridcv174c4tkt1p5c@4ax.com>, Moon@noretreathome.com says...
> Hi! I switched from dsl to cable, and cannot connect with Limewire Pro
> or KazaaLite Using Sygate Pro, is there a port blocked or am I simply
> not connecting right?? Thanks! «Moonę

Take a look at
http://www.limewire.com/english/content/firewalls.shtml
You will find:
"If you can't connect to the network, but are able to browse
the internet, your firewall may be blocking the Gnutella port
(default port is "6346")".

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PCFlank and Port 139
    ... > I have Sygate Pro 5.0. ... Port 139 still shows as open. ... PC Flank use a java or active-x control or plug-in to run this ... If you go to the Internet ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Port 113 is closed
    ... > Using a Linksys NAT router and Sygate Pro. ... > wanted to get some opinions on this. ... This is done because many SMTP and IRC servers check port 113 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: PCFlank and Port 139
    ... >> I have Sygate Pro 5.0. ... >> stealth or blocked. ... software, no matter what firewall you use, it will say it can see port 139. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Limewire, KazaaLite Question Re; Sygate Pro
    ... I switched from dsl to cable, and cannot connect with Limewire Pro ... or KazaaLite Using Sygate Pro, is there a port blocked or am I simply ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • SVCHOST.EXE
    ... Sygate Pro has started telling me that SVCHOST. ... EXE is trying to broadcast to 239.255.255.250 using port ...
    (microsoft.public.security)