Re: Cisco Pix?

From: John Doe (jdoe_at_xx.com)
Date: 08/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:52:46 GMT

Have used Cisco PIX for many years now. I find them very easy and straight
forward to setup and configure. You can use Pix Device Manager, which gives
you a GUI web based configuration utility. From here you can do most
configurations, e.g. Grateway -to- Gateway and Client -to- Gateway VPN
tunnels, access-lists etc etc.

HG

"Kevin Howell" <kevin.howell@nospampleasedatamonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm considering purchasing a Cisco Pix firewall, but I've heard horror
> storys about the configuration. I've heard that to configure a Pix
> correctley you have to use the CLI as the sertup utility via web browser
> does not actually work. Can anyone confirm this, the model I'm looking
into
> purchasing is 506 with 3DES.
>
> Kev

Relevant Pages

  • Help with PIX specification
    ... The external FE port has 3 sub interfaces configured. ... There is an additional ADSL connection which is used for VPN access backup. ... I would like to ensure that all connections go through the CISCO PIX. ... Is it possible to enable this configuration in the PIX? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • iptables for 2 NIC (NAT sample needed)
    ... I think I worked too much with some Cisco PIX stuff so I except it work ... differently and I just can't make iptables work. ... What I am trying to do is to use an iptable configuration to NAT 1 to 1 and ... Also I configured my internet nic having multiple IP (creating multiple ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: tough and challenge questions from a cisco exam.need help. thankyou very much
    ... on Cisco PIX 501, (see configuration below). ... site VPN connection to the headoffice. ... this new subnet must have Internet access and ability to talk ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Windows 2000 Server Telnet Cisco PIX
    ... Whenever I cut and paste a configuration into ... the cisco pix, the server locks right up and the onlt way ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)