Re: Active Ports

From: xmp (xmp_at_example.com)
Date: 08/28/04

    Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:02:03 GMT

    Vargas wrote:
    > Yes, I would like to have more details and that would let me gain more
    > control of the ports i see open and would want to close at will (or
    > something like that). And you are right, I also suspected I clobbered a
    > critical process, but nevertheless i went to google and stuff.
    >
    > I will look at Ethereal. How about TDC (sp?) from australia, anybody knows
    > about it?

    Port Explorer from DiamondCS (the makers of TDS)? There's a free trial
    available.

    michael

    • Re: Active Ports
      ... I would like to have more details and that would let me gain more ... control of the ports i see open and would want to close at will (or ... critical process, but nevertheless i went to google and stuff. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Active Ports
      ... I would like to have more details and that would let me gain ... There is CurrPorts which will list ports that are in use and tell you ... which application is in control of that port. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Usb problems on 7.0 RELEASE
      ... Earlier I reported usb problems on this list. ... 686-class CPU) ... <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0 ... 2 ports with 2 removable, ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • pf broken in 7.0-BETA1 ?
      ... queue traf on xl0 priority 15 priq ... <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0 ... <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0 ... 2 ports with 2 removable, ...
      (freebsd-current)