Re: Sonicwall TZ170

From: Chris Comley (ccomley_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:47:12 +0100

We recommend Zyxel 650R or the newer 660R router for use with
Sonicwall appliances because

- it has no built in firewall, leaving the SOnic to get on with thejob
- it has only a single ethernet port, discouraging the addition of
machines "outside" the firewall.

But you can use the bigger Zyxel units as well just disable their
firewall and understand what the problems of an "outside" machine can
be! :-)

JC <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote:

>On 25 Aug 2004 06:45:09 -0700, bcharlton@pchenderson.com (Brett Charlton) wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone recommend an ADSL modem/router to use with the SonicWall TZ170 please?
>
>I have seen the D-Link DSL-300 used with the SonicWall TZ170. No problems
>reported so far.
>
>Cheers . . . JC

---
Wizards Ltd www.wizards.co.uk
UK supplier of Sonicwall, Watchguard, Zywall.