Re: Sonicwall TZ170

From: Chris Comley (ccomley_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:47:12 +0100

We recommend Zyxel 650R or the newer 660R router for use with
Sonicwall appliances because

- it has no built in firewall, leaving the SOnic to get on with thejob
- it has only a single ethernet port, discouraging the addition of
machines "outside" the firewall.

But you can use the bigger Zyxel units as well just disable their
firewall and understand what the problems of an "outside" machine can
be! :-)

JC <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid> wrote:

>On 25 Aug 2004 06:45:09 -0700, bcharlton@pchenderson.com (Brett Charlton) wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone recommend an ADSL modem/router to use with the SonicWall TZ170 please?
>
>I have seen the D-Link DSL-300 used with the SonicWall TZ170. No problems
>reported so far.
>
>Cheers . . . JC

---
Wizards Ltd www.wizards.co.uk
UK supplier of Sonicwall, Watchguard, Zywall.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Norton 2005 Int Security, Trend PCcillin or Zone Alarm ???????
    ... > I want security I can run on both machines. ... System overhead is higher than standard firewall applications. ... Symantec products do not remove (uninstall) well. ... Micro Trends PC-Cillan is very good (possibly the best in home network ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: install
    ... You just need to set up your network correctly. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ...
  • Re: Cant Connect To Network Printer
    ... I have sharing turned on. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... put all computers in the same Workgroup. ...
  • Re: Two Vista machine on the same network cant see each other.
    ... -Network set to "Private Network" on both machines ... -Public sharing ON on both machines ... a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; ...
  • Re: Setting Up A WorkGroup for file and Share Printing
    ... Tried that amd could access only one of the two drives, the D drive, however ... I Turned off NIS 2008 firewall ... I made sure the Registry setting "IRPStackSize" on both machines ... Here are general network troubleshooting steps. ...