Re: Can XP PS2 firewall coexist with Other firewals?

From: bbford (bbford_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:47:11 GMT

Thank you for your comments, Max.

Have you tried the new Windows firewall?
If you go to grc.com and do a port scan, your Windows firewall will block
all incoming traffic. However, if you download their "Leaktest", your
Windows firewall will allow it outgoing without alerting you.

 Try it, and post your results.

> This s complete and total rubbish. You're a clueless newbie watching the
> pretty lights down in the corner of his screen, thinking it means
> something.
>
> Please. Read, don't post.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Correction
    ... Normally to physically disconnect is just a matter of reaching for the ... >> I have an ADSL connection which polls my computer from time to time, ... > disallow each and every port with Windows Firewall? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: Correction
    ... > the connection to the ISP to enable removing QoS." ... >> disallow each and every port with Windows Firewall? ... Windows Firewall does not open TCP port 135 or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: How do I Restrict port access to single IP Address
    ... Uncheck port 445. ... Keep in mind that Windows Firewall has limitations. ... > But for TCP 445 I still seem to be able to ping the machine ... > because of the scope setting against TCP 445 in the exceptions. ...
  • Re: Windows XP SP2 Firewall - Developer Implications IPv4 inbound connections for services
    ... We're using Windows XP SP2. ... Windows Firewall blocks inbound traffic (including app listeners running ... You can programmatically add the port exception so that the ...
  • Re: Windows XP SP2 Firewall - Developer Implications IPv4 inbound connections for services
    ... We're using Windows XP SP2. ... Windows Firewall blocks inbound traffic (including app listeners running ... You can programmatically add the port exception so that the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)