Re: Statefull Packer Inspection against Malware attacks!

From: Micheal Robert Zium (mrozium_at_XSPAMX-yahoo.com)
Date: 08/16/04

Date: 15 Aug 2004 20:49:04 -0500

Greg Hennessy wrote:

>On 14 Aug 2004 21:12:46 -0500, Micheal Robert Zium
><mrozium@XSPAMX-yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>As useful as teats on a bull.
>>
>>And just exactly how are you qualified to make that statement?
>

>Unlike the idiot who asserted that he would willingly break '100 rfcs'
>(sic) to secure a network.

Hostile reply noted.

>Ones bona fides here and elsewhere are long established.

Whatever.

>You snipped the bit detailing why packet based regex is a waste of time.

What I snipped was content from a link I provided. I'm sure you felt
some need to copy-and-paste what anyone with a browser could've read.
However, anyone should be able to see that was a disclaimer to not
rely solely upon strings to block traffic. Good advice, however, if
you had ever used it, you would realize it is very valuable in
stopping every day nuisances like web-log filling II$ worms, among
other things.