Re: The repair guy told me Sygate Firewall was spyware

From: Mike (honey_at_michaelmoyse.co.uk)
Date: 07/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:25:57 +0100

Mailman wrote:
> Duane Arnold wrote:
>

>>"JunkMonkey" <Jnkmonkey@notscape.not> wrote in
>>

>>>And it was the cause of all my troubles with my wife's PC. I've never
>>>heard this before and I am VERY suspicious. (He also offered to sell
>>>me Norton's firewall for $50). Neither Spybot or Ad-Aware recognize
>>>it as spyware, and it is the Firewall included in V-com's System Suite
>>>5. It's easy to set up and easy to use, I am reluctant to write this
>>>product off without getting some input from additional people with
>>>more experience than me. I hope that is the readers of this post.
>>>
>>>Before I write this guy off as a scam artist, is there any shred of
>>>evidence that in any convoluted way could support his claim that
>>>Sygate is spyware? I am hoping he is just an opinionated nut rather
>>>than a crook.
>>>

>>I got some swamp land in Mississippi for a real good price if you got the
>>time to listen. ;-)
>>
>>Duane :)
>

> ...not to mention some prime beach-front property in Northern Mali.
>
> OP: check if he meant Sygate (as a product) or your program that appears
> like it. It just might be conceivable (though unlikely) that you have some
> kind of spyware that masquerades as Sygate - a fine product in its own
> right.

There's a nice bridge here in London to go with the other one you have.

--
------------------------------------
Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WND: Hardrive for 15 or less delivered
    ... Not to hijack a sale, but if anyone has anything similar for around this ... price, I need something for an old machine sitting here... ... pun of a name to another pun of a name and add a real email address. ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: iMac and other stuff for sale
    ... > Hi Roy, ... If you can claim the VAT back, ... > down on it - this way I have somewhere to go with the price. ... real email to usenet at jonbradbury dot com ...
    (uk.adverts.computer.mac)
  • Little Snitch: Half Price
    ... There's a short half price offer on Little Snitch at ... MacUpdate: ... My real email is net, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)