Re: norton sec pro vs zone alarm pro

From: Kerodo (kerodonospamkenny_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/27/04

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:57:06 -0700

In article <nX8Nc.44710$OR2.2395464@news3.tin.it>,
fabio.pasqualucci@tin.it says...
> hi
>
> pls adv which is the best between norton sec pro and zone alarm pro ?
>
> i mean the latest versions.
>
> I found no antispam setting on zone alarm

Depends on what you want, but I'd go with ZoneAlarm Pro, it has stateful
packet inspection. Norton generally sucks in my humble opinion..

--
Kerodo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FYI: Security Problems Plague XP SP2 via Symantec/McAfee
    ... ZoneAlarm PRO. ... Also, ZoneAlarm ... :>> Norton System Security, Norton Utilities, etc. are another thing ... :>> Symantec has definitely lost their reputation in the past 5 years or so. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cant find or remove perfection keylogger
    ... > but norton 2005 pro even with the latest updates, intelligent updater, ... http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Jim ... http://aumha.net - forums ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: cant find or remove perfection keylogger
    ... > but norton 2005 pro even with the latest updates, intelligent updater, ... > is to put an access rule on my router. ... > for any logger or other software to send email at all. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: closed programs still running in task manager
    ... they are still running according to the task manager. ... significant ram killer. ... win xp pro sp 2 ... Any more my first suspect is Norton. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • WTF? ZA Alert: "Unknown Process: -419725 (Find Error)"
    ... Running ZA Pro 3.5.169.002 (no update available on ZL's website) on a ... next release of ZoneAlarm Pro. ... All scans (Norton, Cleaner3) come up clean. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)