Re: Blocking Outbound Traffic Only

From: Duane Arnold (
Date: 07/24/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 04:08:15 GMT
 (Reactor) wrote in news:ac9d6eb9.0407231940.59b6aa03

    > I have a netgear router that has stateful packet inspection and would
    > like a software firewall to block outbound traffic only since the
    > router is only capable of blocking inbound. Is there a firewall that
    > has the option to only monitor outbound traffic?

    Well that depends on what O/S you're using. For me back when I was using
    the Linksys router and BlackIce which neither one can stop outbound by
    setting rules, I used IPsec that's on the O/S.

    IPsec can stop inbound and outbound by port, protocol and IP.

    The use of the AnalogX Secpol file makes IPsec simple to use based on the
    rules that have been created.

    IPsec is active on the machines protecting the LAN.

    Duane :)

    Duane :)