Re: Blocking Outbound Traffic Only

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 07/24/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 04:08:15 GMT

    idealdu@yahoo.com (Reactor) wrote in news:ac9d6eb9.0407231940.59b6aa03
    @posting.google.com:

    > I have a netgear router that has stateful packet inspection and would
    > like a software firewall to block outbound traffic only since the
    > router is only capable of blocking inbound. Is there a firewall that
    > has the option to only monitor outbound traffic?

    Well that depends on what O/S you're using. For me back when I was using
    the Linksys router and BlackIce which neither one can stop outbound by
    setting rules, I used IPsec that's on the O/S.

    IPsec can stop inbound and outbound by port, protocol and IP.

    http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm

    The use of the AnalogX Secpol file makes IPsec simple to use based on the
    rules that have been created.

    IPsec is active on the machines protecting the LAN.

    Duane :)

    Duane :)

    • Re: Blocking Outbound Traffic Only
      ... idealdu@yahoo.com (Reactor) wrote in news:ac9d6eb9.0407231940.59b6aa03 ... > like a software firewall to block outbound traffic only since the ... > router is only capable of blocking inbound. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: How safe us my wireless network
      ... -) I've set an obscure password for the router. ... because the payload isn't encrypted anymore. ... IPSec works on Layer IP your tcp packet is encrypted and if you use AH ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: =?UTF-8?Q?Risikoeinsch=C3=A4tzung?=
      ... liche Lizenz fuer den Router, ... Sicherheit wie IPSEC, und laesst sich (da nur ein TCP oder UDP Port, ... korenen Server durchleiten ... ...
      (de.comp.security.misc)
    • RE: SDSL VPN main to bmain
      ... created between ISA2004 and Zyxel router to router to router IPSec VPN. ... 867483 How to configure networks in ISA Server 2004 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: VPN connection question
      ... Unfortunately that doesn't address setting up Ipsec sessions. ... encryption in hardware within the router, ... then doing a vnc or remote desktop to the appropriate machine. ... Service Client on my laptop connects natively to the Remote Desktop ...
      (Ubuntu)