Re: Setting up logging on my Linksys WRT54G

From: strommsarnac (strommsarnac_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/19/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:27:02 -0400

In article <Xns952AD1E84CE9Enotmenotmecom@204.127.204.17>,
notme@notme.com says...
> "jch" <JCH@nospam.com> wrote in
>
> > I think Duane may have a different Linksys router or maybe a different
> > firmware version (ie one from a 3rd party). I'm using Linksys stock
> > firmware on my WRT54G and the only thing under Log is enable or
> > disable. BTW, its a known fact among WRT54G users that the logging
> > function has never worked properly. Again, this may be different if
> > using one of the 3rd party firmwares which are available but I haven't
> > tried them.
> >

> Yes, I have an 11S4 version one router. The 54G could be different than
> the rest of the firmware for the Linksys router. If the logging doesn't
> work for the 54G, then that's kind of sad on Linksys' part.
>
> However, I did go to Linksys Support Knowledge Base and entered *WRT54G
> Logging*. The search retuned an article basically describing the same
> thing I have explained. It seemed to be applied to all Linksys router
> models.
>
> Duane :)

  And it is completely incorrect. Linksys has simply "bulked" their
routers into the same search reference.

  This is something I didn't expect when I bought this. If I had know
this funtion was lost, I would have bought one of the Super-G Dlink
routers for less money.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall problem? or router problem?
    ... The Linksys router ... >> Duane, ... a little guidance would be great since I ... I use my work laptop and use AT&T's VPN software to make ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Why a software firewall?
    ... >> I have certainly seen a couple probes come through the Linksys router at ... port 1434 SQL server like the NAT router was not even there. ... Duane: ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: tracking IPs
    ... > Hi there,I have a device on my internal network with the IP 192.168.1.150. ... That will keep track of all the connections to those services. ... Linksys router also has logging. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: tracking IPs
    ... > Hi there,I have a device on my internal network with the IP 192.168.1.150. ... That will keep track of all the connections to those services. ... Linksys router also has logging. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)