Re: Secure Point Personal firewall & VPN

From: Kerodo (kerodonospamkenny_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/06/04

Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:22:41 -0700

In article <hWbGc.28742$7t3.7318@attbi_s51>, optikl@invalid.net says...
> Has anyone tried this product, or is anyone familiar with how to set it
> up for file sharing on a home network. I tried using the library rules
> for printer and file sharing and Microsoft Networks, but it won't
> recognize any of my PC's. I'm assuming additional rules may be needed.

I tried it out and my internet access ceased after about 10 minutes. I
promptly removed it and went back to Kerio...

--
Kerodo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Home networking fighting back at me
    ... >I have just setup a 2 pc home network, ... With XP Pro, ... On XP Pro with Simple File Sharing enabled, make sure that the Guest account is ...
  • Re: Simple File Sharing
    ... access shared resources on your home network. ... If you disable simple file sharing, only users who you give explicit ... permission will be able to access shared resources. ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...
  • Re: networking
    ... Can't see shared folder or printer in home network. ... the simple file sharing option doesn't determine whether ... Steve Winograd, MS-MVP ...
  • Secure Point Personal firewall & VPN
    ... up for file sharing on a home network. ... I tried using the library rules ... for printer and file sharing and Microsoft Networks, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • XP Home safe file sharing (newbie)
    ... Can someone point me somewhere that instructs me how to set up file sharing on a home network that is secure. ... Each PC can access the Internet but I want to share files between each PC but without compromising security re the Internet. ... Each PC has a software firewall and the Hub/ADSL Modem has a hardware firewall. ...