Re: services.exe real or not

From: aha (c)
Date: 07/01/04

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:51:27 +0200

"aha" <c> schreef in bericht news:40e3bd78$0$238$4a441750@news.euronet.nl...
> can a virus or spy call it's self a windows program and fool my zalarm ,so
> it thinks it is a valid win program?
> i don't know where such a program belongs, in the win dir or system dir,so
> when zalarm says it is a win prog i believe it and grant acces to the
net..

> follow up on this:

revices.exe in win dir sends a lot of mb out ,after blocking it in
zonealarm the traffic stops completely,
13mb in -9 mb out ,1,5 hours.
i surfed to a few pages and looked at newsgroups,but not 13mb ofcourse.
what is services.exe transmitting?
and why so much?

abe

> remove x in mail adress to reply

Relevant Pages

  • Re: services.exe real or not
    ... >> can a virus or spy call it's self a windows program and fool my ... >> dir,so when zalarm says it is a win prog i believe it and grant acces ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • services.exe real or not
    ... can a virus or spy call it's self a windows program and fool my zalarm,so ... when zalarm says it is a win prog i believe it and grant acces to the net.. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)