Re: do firewalls really work?

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 06/27/04

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:10:21 GMT

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:00:57 GMT, news wrote:

> Can a hacker bypass a firewall from outside easily?

Anything is easy when you know how. A CRACKER gets through the
firewall by using a service or a bug in the firewall or Operating system.

When you see the term *External Exploit* that means the attacker can get
control from the outside. All the attacker has to do is it get the
program with the external exploit to run.

> As for spyware perhaps execution detection or registry monitoring is enough?

Tell me, if some malware attaches it's self to a valid program which
is already registered, would a registry monitoring program see it?