Re: Why Does ZoneAlarm Pro Re-Ask Permissions??

From: phoenix (phoenix_at_fakeaddress.invalid)
Date: 06/25/04

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:59:56 GMT

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:05:22 +1000, Avengerę wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:46:46 GMT, phoenix
> <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:24:58 +1000, Avengerę wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Group,
>>>
>>> I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
>>> re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
>>> permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.
>>>
>>> Anyone able to shed some light on why??
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
>>to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
>>'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
>>directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
>>(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
>>authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
>>time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
>>starts automatically at boot.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Bill
>
> Thanks muchly Bill. I wonder if it is worthwhile downloading Ver 5.

My pleasure. :-)

I have version 5 (there was a new release a couple of days ago) on all my
systems and haven't had any problems although some people have. The problem
you're describing was resolved a couple of releases back although I can't
remember when exactly.

Regards

Bill

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP Pro: Following MS updates, now unable to open Regedit or Command
    ... I just followed the instructions and all was resolved ... During the various tests I did to resolve the problem, ... This means that I am always in Selective Startup. ... everything in the Forum Guidelines section. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Pro: Following MS updates, now unable to open Regedit or Command
    ... and Cmd, and also fixed the "Access is forbidden by the Server" problem. ... During the various tests I did to resolve the problem, ... This means that I am always in Selective Startup. ... When I reboot I am always in Selective Startup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Pro: Following MS updates, now unable to open Regedit or Command
    ... I just followed the instructions and all was resolved first ... During the various tests I did to resolve the problem, ... This means that I am always in Selective Startup. ... Read & adhere to everything in the Forum Guidelines section. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Adding Fax Services
    ... > loaded on it, you may find yourself, at some later point, wanting to load ... I reran the install and the system seemed to get further through the ... my pre-build computer had games from MS which the install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: XP Pro: Following MS updates, now unable to open Regedit or Command
    ... The above solution worked first time: ... During the various tests I did to resolve the problem, ... This means that I am always in Selective Startup. ... with a green square against Load Startup Items and under Startup tab, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)