Tunnel GRE through firewall (VPN)

From: Gunnar Frenzel (Gunnar_Frenzel_at_web.de)
Date: 06/24/04

Date: 24 Jun 2004 08:27:56 -0700

Hello,
I have the following problem:
I have a PC trying to connect to a VPN Server, but there's a firewall
in between blocking the GRE protocol so the VPN connection cannot be
established. My problem is I don't have access to the firewall to
allow GRE packets to pass.
Is there a way to tunnel the VPN connection (especially the GRE
protocol) through the firewall to connect to the VPN server?
Best regards,
Gunnar

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VPN Problem Ereignis 20209
    ... Pruefe doch mal deine Firewall, ob die Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) ... packets blockt. ... A connection between the VPN server and the VPN client has been ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.networking)
  • Re: Routing And Remote Access Server
    ... GRE is protocol 47, not port 47. ... A connection between the VPN server and the VPN client Our (Firewall ... VPN server and the VPN client is not configured to allow Generic Routing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help needed configuration Norton Personal Firewall in front of my VPN server
    ... the GRE protocol packets in your firewall and that should do the trick. ... > connect my laptop from the same lan to the VPN server. ... > I'm sure it the configuration problem, but I don't know how to configure ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: Tunnel GRE through firewall (VPN)
    ... Gunnar Frenzel wrote: ... My problem is I don't have access to the firewall to ... > protocol) through the firewall to connect to the VPN server? ... Just ask the firewall admin to forward the GRE protocol. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ports required for remote hosts wishing to establish PPTP VPN.
    ... encrypted data uses a packet with a GRE header. ... > 47 has to be enabled for my VPN server's IP on the remote site's firewall ... > out) needs to be allowed on their firewall to my VPN server? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)